What Personal Information About Customers Does PowersportsU.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your training experience at PowersportsU.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features including “Earn As You Learn.” We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future training for you and improving our communications with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses PowersportsU.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of PowersportsU.com on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from PowersportsU.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other sponsoring companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communications Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other PowersportsU related brands, dealers or distributor sources and add it to our account information.
Does PowersportsU.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries MotorportU.com and its parent (MAG), Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses, in some cases such as retailers and distributors. These businesses operate with PowersportsU.com or may provide offerings to you at PowersportsU.com.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling course development and tracking, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of PowersportsU.com graduates on behalf of participating brand businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. Make sure to check the “Earn As You Learn” section of the website often or if you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that PowersportsU.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of PowersportsU.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PowersportsU.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you could go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. Examples of such third parties could be motorcycle event invitations, participating PowersportsU brand promotions, new product announcements and special offers.